Great statements. I will just add a few more generally negative statements for those who hang out more often at the lower end of the emotional guidance scale.
- OK, I will summarize what I feel right now and I'll put it into a general picture: I don't feel good and I don't like that. This is the essence of my problem.
- Yes, that definitely feels like I have a problem. But maybe I'm wrong and I have a challenge?
- I feel like I have done something wrong. I don't like this feeling. I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like this feeling.
- Maybe I can just allow myself to relax for the next 10 seconds and focus on my right hand only to see if this helps a little bit. I have nothing to lose but 10 seconds of my life.
- Maybe I can forgive myself for the next 5 seconds only to see if I can feel relief and get a clearer picture of my problem. And if I still don't like the idea, I can take my forgiveness back after 5 seconds.
- I hate that. I feel like punching someone in the face right now. I don't have to do it actually. But I can allow myself to enjoy the feeling of punching someone just for a little while to feel relief... all just in my mind.
- Wouldn't it be nice if I could let go of my negative feelings some day?
- So I know that I feel negative and I know all of those specifics. But, to be more general, I'm just one person out of 7.104 billion (according to Wikipedia "World Population") in this world that has to deal with a problem at some point in their life. That's fine for now. It just shows that I am human too.
- I had to deal with much bigger issues in the past than that one. But I'm still here.
- It would be nice to have a device that showed me on a big screen how I would behave and feel without this limiting belief.
- I think many people sometimes feel guilty, angry or worried in life. And I believe many people overcome those feelings at some point.
- I like the feeling of relief.
- If someone else had this same issue and this same negative feeling inside, I would be happy to see him/her let go of all of this.
- I like being more general about my problem. It feels like I have bird's eye perspective.
Here are some statements from Benjamin's answer:
- In this moment, right now, I don't have to do anything.
- Everything is OK right now. I am not in danger. The world will not collapse
upon me, if I let go for a moment.
- There are many things that might be running in my head. I am open to the
possibility that maybe, just maybe, I
am making too much of a deal out of
all of this. Maybe there is the
slightest chance that things aren't
- Maybe I don't have the full picture. Maybe I don't know it all. Maybe there
is more to this story than I can see
- I know that just as a very angry man, is not likely to think very
rationally at that moment, I might be
offering a vibration that isn't
allowing me to see things clearly.
- I am open to the possibility that I can see things more clearly.
- I am open to the possibility that I can feel better right now.
- I am open to the possibility that I don't have to figure out anything
rationally, and that maybe if I just
allow it, nice thoughts will appear in
- It can be surprising and nice to receive a new thought, one that I
didn't have access to before. I would
- There are some things I am good at. There are some things in my life that
are working. Things that I might have
been taking for granted, but really
had I not had them, I would have
really noticed their absence.
- This feels really nice, and I hadn't really done anything extreme. I wonder
how come, with only a few minutes of
guiding myself, simply by letting go
of all this responsibility to know it
all and to figure all this out, I have
managed to feel better.
- Maybe that means there is something out there that I am not aware of, some
power out there that is willing to
send me love and joy whenever I simply
allow it to?
- I really like this, and I want more. It even makes total sense, and feels
so natural to me to have more of this.
And I am starting to feel more
powerful, more optimistic.
- Really now it seems that in my world there are some really beautiful things
that I am not noticing, and could give
more attention to. Such a beautiful
world, that I couldn't see a few
minutes ago from where I was
- I like thinking about beautiful things.
- I like to think about nature. I like to think about the beach. I like to
think about dogs, how they play and
run and enjoy life so much. I like
watching the sea, and entering it, and
feeling the water and the sand and the
sun. I like to play, I like having
fun, I like seeing children with their
silly smiles and laughs.
- I love the idea of being so immersed into this experience, of being so in
the moment, feeling every bit of the
wonderful details through my senses,
having such an amazing, unexpected,
unique journey that is waiting for me.
I love this life, I am excited for
what's coming, and I love this
incredible feeling that is burning
12 Aug '13, 19:57