Please list steps to increase awareness.
asked 08 Jan '11, 17:34
Taken from http://www.kenlauher.com/daily-wisdom/bid/22165/Cultivate-Mindful-Awareness-With-Your-Daily-Life
I use this list often..(The eating one and entering room ones help me a lot)be well
answered 08 Jan '11, 17:41
Barry Allen ♦♦
love this answer , a brilliant description of how to be aware
(08 Jan '11, 18:35) blubird two
What a great list - Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there's something here we can all use :)
(08 Jan '11, 21:20) Michaela
Go to a quiet place where you won't be disturbed. Breathe in through your nose, exhale through the mouth. Slowly, you don't want to hyper ventilate. Listen to your self talk until it slows down to a stop. This is the quietness between thoughts. In this state you will get introspection of your awareness. You will sense your connection with everything around you. You will get the answers to which you seek.
answered 09 Jan '11, 04:54
The Knights Alchemy
The number one key to increase your awareness is to be a good listener in every aspect of your growing, and learning experience in life. If you can discipline your self to be a good listener, you would have increased your awareness by 75%, and you can probably increase the other 25% by adaptation.
You can create a daily routine for you’re self to teach you’re self exercises to train, develop and disciple the mind to be calm, and quiet. You can also quiet the mind through meditation to be still so that you can focus and listen better, and once you have learned these very simple skills, you would have trained yourself to increase your awareness beyond comprehension, and everything else will fall into place naturally!
answered 09 Jan '11, 04:40
Inactive User ♦♦
better then daily routine experiance everything and enjoy it. and when i mean everything is what other people think and feel around you how does that interact with you and other people. what is happening in the moment right now. and i agree with everything you said vee.
(11 Jul '11, 05:19) white tiger
I found by catching myself and focusing on the moment at hand I greatly increase my awareness. So, no matter where you are and or what you might be doing, whether you percieve it as pleasant or not, catch your thoughts (they usually like to wander) and force yourself to focus on the task at hand. Examine it as though you are totally absorbed by it. This works well with people too. Give them your full focus and attention. Avoid multitasking whenever possible!
Thank you, namaste
answered 09 Jan '11, 07:51
enjoy life and every experience and meditate experience lucid dream and everything else you can experience.
so experience and enjoy
answered 11 Jul '11, 05:13
Put the palms of your hands together and close your eyes. Feel your hands touching and ask quietley, "What do my hands feel like?" and feel your hands. Don't try to think or not think, just feel your hands. Do this for at least 30 seconds. Then ask quitly, "What does the chair feel like?" and put your hands on the arms of the chair and feel them. Do this for at least 30 seconds. Then look at something like a tree and say, "What does that tree feel like?" and touch it with your mind and feel it. Then do this with other senses, like, "What does that tree taste like?" Then do this with positive emotions like love. For love, start with the abstract senses so you don't get images of preconceived ideas. For example start with, "What does love taste like?" and "What does love smell like?" Don't try to fill in the answers, just feel.
answered 19 May '12, 13:23
Martial Arts imitate different animals. Be a cat, they never miss anything. Soon neither will you. Blessings!
answered 20 May '12, 00:59
If you are seeing this message then the Inward Quest system has noticed that your web browser is behaving in an unusual way and is now blocking your active participation in this site for security reasons. As a result, among other things, you may find that you are unable to answer any questions or leave any comments. Unusual browser behavior is often caused by add-ons (ad-blocking, privacy etc) that interfere with the operation of our website. If you have installed these kinds of add-ons, we suggest you disable them for this website